Monday, June 9, 2008

Weddings Etc....

I am a big fan of beautiful weddings. I always get excited whenever I would be invited to a wedding and romantic wedding stories always gives me chills. Through the years I have had a compilation of my best loved weddings and one of the first things I would check out in a wedding is the wedding cake. It doesn't have to be towering and imposing...Believe me some of my personal favorites does not even go beyond 3 layers. .. I'm sharing a list of cake makers who are very respected and have had rave reviews and approvals on their works. They are not just cake makers they are artists. I hope this would be of help...
For unconventional and fun theme weddings, you can never go wrong with claycakes. They create your cake the way you wanted it and this is a perfect variation to what everyone is used to seeing. Guests can't stop talking about claycakes, everytime they would see one.


The cake artist..She has been creating beautiful cakes since 1998. She considers every cake a personal project. Except for a few assistants, she designs, bakes and delivers the cakes herself.


Marta's Cakes is owned by Marta Matute. She has nicely crafted wedding cakes and I instantly love her cake made out of chocolate sticks and had white roses and the Moroccan theShe just have an eye for intricate details - you should check out her fashion cakes which are in shapes of flip flops, bags, make up.


Cake designer and pastry chef Heny, she has created cakes for famous personalities yet she still manages to make each creation unique. She also hold baking and culinary classes.


Out of the hobby of Penk Ching and sister Shen Ratilla, came Pastry Bin, a name synonymous to one-of-a kind cake. Their cakes are designed based on the client's persona and who would forget their ever famous pillow wedding cake and the cake which they replicate a Vietnamese tradition for a couple who spent their lives in Vietnam. It's on the cover of their book Caked in Sugar.


Alex Franco would probably be my most favorite of all. Homemade cake is what they call his work and it does not only look good, it tastes very good as well. No artificial cakes for this guy and he said "Our passion is excellence in creation".

No comments: