Friday, June 20, 2008

"Splintered" Memory

Just got back from the grocery and something funny happened to me. It's not like this is the first time it happened but apparently this has been happening for numerous times that made me write about it... I would do my grocery in one of the big malls near my house and prior to grocery, I would usually buy some stuff from the department store and off to supermarket. The supermarket rule is-to deposit the stuff you bought from the department store at the baggage counter. so, got my baggage number, did my grocery, done with it and was about to leave the mall, when I realized I forgot to claim my baggage....I can't help but laugh at myself...Good thing I remembered it before I was even outside the mall. Last month, I left a big umbrella on the baggage counter and I was already outside the mall and walking towards the walkway, about to cross, before I realized that there was something missing...No wonder I was feeling light all of a sudden and felt I was holding on to something when I left the house....Haahhahaha....And as if that's not enough, a couple of weeks back, when my Mom was here for a visit, we were together in the grocery and again...there were things I left at the counter....Done with the grocery, my Mom bought something from the food carts we passed by and I never had a clue that I needed to get something from the counter even if I was literally standing in front of it....It just seem to slip my mind....I was headed for the exit again, when my Mom called my attention and reminded me of the baggage...Shoots.....both of us were laughing out loud, she even told me, that at my age I shouldn't be that forgetful...Told her...."must be the anesthesia, Ma during my major operations back when I was younger.....hahahhahha... Talk about trying to make up excuses for some memory gap.......Yikes...I gotta end this here, forgot I still have my kettel on....I can hear it's whistle getting louder and louder.....Thank heaven's for whistling kettles...they're answers to some forgetful creatures like me.....hahahahha....

No comments: