Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

I'd like to say Happy Father's Day to my Pap whom I don't get to see as much, because he is based in the province. I would have wanted to greet him and kiss and hug him but will have to do with text message I guess. I am a self confessed Papa's girl. It seems like I can always get away with anything with him, but when he gets serious that's when I become scared....He's always there to give us pieces of advice and I can even ask for some cash everytime I ran out of it..hehehehe...We've had our share of disagreements but I could never forget back when I was younger, when we would walk around our yard, in the evening, his hand around my shoulders talking about anything. Or the times when he influenced me to listen to Bee Gees, Patti Page, Johny Mathis..old time favorites as they say. And he would gladly listen to my kind of music as well. Indeed music plays a great part in our lives and here's a list of Songs for Daddies which you can play or sing for him on this special day of fathers....

THROUGH THE YEARS - this Kenny Rogers song speaks about all the times that he's been with you..while most people associate this song for love, a father's love is still the greatest which is well described here.

FATHER AND SON - Cat Stevens classic. This is a conversation between a father and his son, the advice a father gives and a few apprehensions from the son. Shows a typical father and child relationship.

DANCE WITH MY FATHER - Luther Vandross remembers the days gone by through this song. Remembers the times he spent with his father when he was younger.

MY DAD - Paul Peterson sings what kind of a father his dad is and how much he loved him. It's a classic yet I love the lyrics. Very heartwarming.

YOU'RE MY HERO - This Teresa James song recounts the earlier days of being daddy's little girl- always safe in his arms.

SING ME YOUR SONG AGAIN DADDY - One of the many beautiful Jose Mari Chan compositions. This is a girl's way of letting her father feel how much he has been a pillar and source of strength in her life.

DADDY'S GIRL - Emilia sings a tribute to her dad.

And my all time favorite Papa song is .......

LEADER OF THE BAND - always makes me cry everytime I hear this. This is a song about all the hardwork a father does and how he had to forego some dreams to survive and how music plays a great part on their lives. The ultimate "I love you, Pap" song.

Happy Father's Day to my friends RB, Wins..to my friend G's hubby Jorge, to Roberta's hubby Daddy J, to my bestfriend Chi's hubby Zands, Tess and Oli's husbands Pao and Jonathan, to Sam and my cousins and my uncles.


No comments: