Monday, June 30, 2008

Ms. Artsy Country Girl

For quite some time I haven't heard from my friend, Ms. Artsy Country Girl- perhaps the reason why I got surprised receiving a text message from her sometime last week. Funny, how our exchange of messages evolved from the usual hi-hello's and how are you's to how's your lovelife..and that last question must have sparked up some nerves in her, and she replied to me asking me if I can introduce her to some of the single friends I have. I thought she was not serious, so I just laugh at her but she seemed so serious. And indeed she was. The next days, my inbox would be filled with messages from her, asking me if I have found someone that would suit her fancy. By this time, I am slowly realizing that she was really in the quest for "the one"-as she calls it. She would later tell me that for a 33-yr. old like her, waiting for Mr. Right should not be taken sitting down...There's got to be some effort or some "friend's intervention"...lolz! Artsy Country Girl, is a beautiful lady, deep set eyes, fair complexion, slim so I would often wonder why she has not found her Mr. Right..Attitude could not be the problem...But, since she is a very good friend since college, I tried to ask my other friends if they have some guy friends who might be looking for a date...I've got instant feedback from one friend but she said I should send her Artsy's picture..Now, that's where the problem set in. Artsy, doesn't want to. I told her, textmates doesn't work anymore these days but she just would not believe me. I told her, the guy we were supposed to let her meet is a law student, just a year younger than her and is accomplished. She asked me "how tall is he"? I replied, about 5ft. 2inches... Then she said "can't you find someone taller", because if that's his height then we would just be the same"..
Hearing that, I realized that I forgot how she gets too consumed on the details of how her "man" should look like...Thus, the reason why, she's having a hard time finding one....Sigh.....

No comments: