Monday, July 21, 2008

What a Day!

In my previous post, I talked about my recent communication with my soon to be married friend R. We have been scheduling when the best time would be for us to meet up until this morning, when she texted me and asked me if we can meet at a mall which was roughly 30 minutes away from my place. Of course I gladly said yes and asked her what time would we meet. She told me in about 1 and a half hour. So off I went, met her at a bookstore, she was looking for some tracing papers and we went around scouting for some bridal shoes, which unfortunately she was not able to buy because there was no available pair in her size....Sigh....Then she went on and bought herself a nice white bag, [she has a thing for white bags....hehehehe..I don't know why].... I treated her to a hot cup of classic mocha while I had the cold one. We were laughing all through out as our conversations were mostly about the past, the times when we were still together at work and the friends we had there....Although, only one remained - and she's going to attend R's wedding as well.....It was basically a conversation of friends who seemed to lost touch of each other....it's nice talking about a lot of things in person other than thru emails. She handed me her invitation, and she was telling me she had been wishing for someone to give her a nice jewelry box, because she has not bought one due to lack of time and super busy schedule....Hmmmm...looks like I know what to give her already....I'm thinking if it could double as a wedding present for her..hehehehe. We parted past 4 in the afternoon and realizing I needed to do some grocery, I decided to drop by the mall across my place. While at the mall, I went on to check some shoes, and guess who tapped me on the shoulder???A former colleague- S, who used to be my companion going home and it was the first time we saw each other in about 4 years! It was such a surprise and I asked her if she already finished her law school because that was what I knew she was doing back then other than working. She told me she already did and my next question was if she passed the bar exam already. And she said yes....I was so happy and congratulated her. Then she said "let me treat you for dinner"..wow..what a treat..from a new lawyer..hehehe...then she told me, remember the time when before we go home, we just decided to dine at a famous Italian restaurant? Of course I remembered....Out of the blue, as soon as we got off from our ride, she just said she saw at a local talk show a feature on that particular resto, which was just in the area. We checked the area, found the resto and dine....Thank heaven's we had extra cash otherwise, we would have ended up washing the dishes....no, we won;t let things go that far......hehehehe...Indeed, such a nice day to celebrate friendship...good friends.....really.... :)

No comments: