Saturday, July 19, 2008

Here Comes the Bride.......

In August, I would be attending the wedding of one of my closest friends - R. I remembered the first time I learned about it was early this year, thru an email which was also like the pre-wedding invite. [You see she has been based in Japan for almost 6 years now and so our communication would only be through emails, most of the time.] It was very personal and there was a reply page where you are supposed to write your complete name and address, and email it back to her to confirm that you are attending. A month after that email, she went home, for about two weeks together with her fiance- J, for the traditional "pamanhikan" and to do some final bookings for the caterers, couturiers, hotel and accommodation etc... We had a very brief talk at that time since she was only here a few days and had a hectic schedule. She told me she was gonna be back in June and will be in the Philippines until her honeymoon is over, so that would mean she is here for about three months. Wohoo! So imagine my surprise when she sent me a text message last month, a few days after my birthday, telling me that she's already here. And I never get to hear from her again. I figured, she must still be really busy with her wedding preps. But just this morning, I got a text message from her this morning asking me when my available time would be, because she is going to give me her wedding invitation this coming week. Can't believe her wedding is just three weeks from now.....and I'm soo looking forward to it. I am very happy that she's finally found the perfect one for her and I do wish her and J the best....I'll definitely write about her wedding.....just hang in there.... :)

No comments: