Wednesday, May 21, 2008

On Getting Invited to Wakeboard

Last week, a friend invited me to go with her group to CWC. She must have some very good convincing power to make me join her, though I have some second thoughts because of the dark clouds and heavy rains that has been hitting Metro Manila, I'm thinking there's no way we can experience a good weather in Cam Sur. Plus I don't know how to wake board in the first place so I wasn't so much interested at first. But she was persistent and I obliged. It was an 8-hour drive from Manila, and when we arrived there...we couldn't get settled in easily. All of us just wanted to to try out wake boarding right away. If you're a first timer, you get to try knee boarding first. I was successful in that one and I was all set for the wake board experience. After several bumps and unsuccessful attempts I was able to launch only to fall right away but who cares? It makes the whole experience more exciting.
When the cables are shut down and after everyone ate together, we took a nap
at the very cozy cabana... We had some time to splash in the swimming pool as well....and we ended the night by having a massage which is also available at the complex.

The next day we were on the road again back to Manila, all of us sunburned, but had a lot of stories and funny anecdotes to tell.

No comments: