Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Belated Mother's Day Post

So it's been a week since the world celebrated Mother's Day...Have been busy the past 4 weeks so it's only now that I got the time to write something for my Mom and the Mom's I know...Not that I wasn't able to greet them last May 10, in fact I sent out text messages very early in the morning because I felt I had to send it that early otherwise I won't be able to for the rest of the day, because I still had duty that day. It was still OJT weekend, you know, so we were all busy from 6 am to 6pm...Anyway, so indeed I was able to send out those messages but they were just for those relatives and friends who were in my phonebook..apparently I forgot sending out some greetings to the friends and relatives I had abroad...Deym!!! That was some lapse....So today I wannna send this poem by Helen Steiner Rice to my friends Jhari, Rics and Gie and to my cousins Nids, Bing, Cecil....This speaks about a mother's love - being unconditional and selfless...

A MOTHER'S LOVE

A Mother's love is something
that no on can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . .
A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.

~Helen Steiner Rice~

Also, this song by the backstreet boys entitled 'the perfect fan" is probably one of the best songs you could ever sing to your mom....


Belated Happy Mothers Day to you all!!!

No comments: