Sunday, November 23, 2008

Eyes and Boss..Two Birthdays

This week, two very special friends celebrated their birthdays. While I wanted to post their pictures here, I realized it's best to keep their privacy, just as I value mine. These friends were from my past employments and believe me the other one was even my boss.

Let me first talk about EYES. I call him eyes, because of his big eyes. It has been a standing joke for us...I've known him for about 8 years now, and he was the first person I became friends with from one of my earliest jobs, and we were working hand in hand towards making sure that our client's cars were well taken cared of. Our friendship has evolved from lunch companions to confidante..I even know his latest flings, yet I never fail to remind him not to forget that he has a wife..Thank heaven's he listens.....once in a while though..lol! He has migrated to the U.S. for two years now, I never got the chance to see him when he went home for a short visit, but I'm glad that we still manage to remain very good friends despite the distance and the number of years we have not seen each other. These two cakes, I'm posting, reminded me of where we met and how work has got us closer together...
Happy Birthday, R.Eyes!


I always say, I am glad to have found very cool supervisors in my employments. And Ms. BOSS is one of them. Funny, the first time I met her was at the company where both Eyes and I were working. I remembered her too well, because she was about 6 ft. tall, short hair, and was every inch a lady. She was soft spoken and while she was waiting for her car check up to finish, she asked me if I can give her a warranty card. I was able to find some spare, and she was very thankful. Little did I know that a year after that, I would be hired by the company, where she was working but we never got the chance to get close until after two years, when she transferred to our department and became our head. Our bonding moments were always going on food trips and driving around looking for some cool spots to chillax. I also like the way she treats all of and how she remains to be a friend after all these years. Today, we both work for different companies and we check on each other through multiply and friendster. Her birthday is two days after Eyes, birthday and this cake below, reminds me of her feminine side, as she loves doing arts and crafts.


Happy Birthday, Ms. Boss. I miss the food trip!

No comments: